Siemens NX is an interactive CAD / CAM / CAE system, formerly known as NX Unigraphics or usually just U-G. Siemens NX offers advanced design features and widely used in the Automotive, Machinery, Aviation & aerospace industries. Top Companies like General Motors, Daimler, Nissan, Bajaj extensively use NX as leading design software.
NX’s continuous-release (CR) model offers fast, automatic seamless updates. NX 1953 is the latest NX CR version released in 2020.
In this course, Instructor Harshada Deshpande will teach you Siemens NX 1953, covering the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to NX 1953 and its User Interface (UI)
- Module 2: Fundamentals of sketching workbench to learn 2D design. Learn how to create a sketch, dimensioning and constraining, along with information on the coordinate system.
- Module 3: Enter the 3D world. Convert the sketch into solid modeling, perform the scale, trim, offset to fine-tune the 3D design.
- Module 4: Assemble components to make an assembly. Learn how to assemble a final product using the Top-Down or Bottom-Up method.
- Module 5: Pass your 3D design to manufacturing via 2D drawing. Learn how to create different views, dimensions, and annotations.
Prerequisites for the Siemens NX Foundation Course:
- Software Availability:
- Students should possess either a licensed version or a student version of the Siemens NX software.
- Hardware Compatibility:
- A laptop or workstation compatible with the Advanced CAD application is required to ensure effective participation.
- Updated Software:
- It’s beneficial to have the latest version of Siemens NX for optimal compatibility with course materials. Those with slightly older versions can still participate but may encounter certain limitations.
- High-Performance Device:
- A device exceeding the minimum recommended specifications for Siemens NX would provide a smoother experience, especially for intensive tasks.
What Will You Learn?
- Learn NX 1953 - latest Continuous release version.
- Gain knowledge on how an advanced CAD system can be used to build a complex design from scratch.
- Learn from an instructor who is an Industrial Expert and mentor with Over 7 years of experience.
- How to use NX Unigraphics 1953 to create complex drawing documents, design individual components, and combine them into complex assemblies
- Learn how to assemble with bottom-up or Top-down assembly techniques
Module 1 – Introduction
Highlights of NX 195300:00
Introduction to NX 1953 user interface00:00
Module 2 – Sketcher
Basic commands – Curves00:00
Basic commands – Edit curves00:00
Dimensioning and constraining00:00
Module 3 – Solid Modeling
Navigation with mouse00:00
Basic commands – Datum00:00
Basic commands – Design feature commands00:00
Basic commands – Detail feature, scale , trim, offset00:00
Solid modeling example00:00
Basic commands – Associative copy and combine00:00
Solid Modeling Quiz
Module 4 – Assembly
Basic assembly commands – Add and Move00:00
Basic assembly commands – constraining00:00
Basic assembly commands – Component and context control commands00:00
Assembly example – Top-down and Bottom-up combination00:00
Module 5- Drafting
Basic drafting commands – Views00:00
Basic drafting commands – Dimensioning00:00
Basic drafting commands – Annotations00:00
Tips and Tricks00:00