Job Title : Interior Design Engineer
Domain : AUTOMOTIVE INSTRUMENT PANEL/FLOOR CONSOLE (IP/FC)
Education : Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Mechanical or similar
CAD : CATIA V5 Proficiency, 3DX experience shall be preferred
· 3 or more years of recent experience in IP/FC
· Design and develop Instrument Panel and Floor Console systems and components for Automotive Customers from concept through production
· Promote development of class A surface data and work iteratively with studio designers to instill engineering and manufacturing feasibility
· Understand & Develop 2D sections and 3D data
· Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets
· Coordinate customer meetings, guide design reviews, and track and resolve cross functional and component issues
· Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements for IP/FC
· Participate in design review, review drawings, analyze tooling, and recommend improvements leading to increased productivity, quality, etc.
· Practices proper modeling techniques which allow part/assembly to be easily modified
· Awareness of Structural test requirement, CAE, etc.
· Knowledge of GD&T and its implications, Good in creating component/assembly drawings etc.
· Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables
· Other duties as assigned by Immediate Supervisor